The Client Manager III will be intimately involved with corporate banking activities in their assigned region, having accountability for growing revenue and non-interest income of existing clients. Other primary responsibilities include overseeing a loan portfolio, ensuring that all credit matters are met, handling monthly client reports and exceptions, and providing service and support to clients. In addition, the Client Manager III will share accountability for growth in loans, deposits and fee-based services. The Client Manager III will be expected to co-pilot with the Bankers on new deals and assist the Banker in structuring those deals. The Client Manager III is an experienced leader and will therefore be expected to pro-actively assist in training and mentoring Bankers, Client Manager I & IIs, and will act as senior liaison with the Credit department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage a growing portfolio of client relationships to meet or exceed all profitability, compliance and credit quality metrics
• Oversee credit-related training, mentoring, and portfolio responsibilities of Bankers and Client Manager I & IIs
• Work closely with regional Risk Manager to manage credit risk within the loan portfolio, including taking point on managing troubled loans, addressing defaults, past dues, renewals, amendments, risk ratings, etc.
• Maintain ongoing calling effort with existing client base; meet or exceed retention goals and work with customer service organization to deliver excellence in service
• Share regional team responsibility for maintaining relationships with the entrepreneurial community, including VCs, referral sources and prospects
• Actively cross-sell appropriate banking products to existing customers and refer clients to other banking areas for additional needs
• Serve as a positive role model in demonstrating the Square 1 values that serve as the foundation of the Bank’s culture and drive corporate priorities
• Show initiative, high energy and a desire to succeed, while demonstrating enthusiasm and passion to inspire employees throughout the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in venture banking or commercial banking as a Banker or Client Manager
• Demonstrated success in managing strategic client accounts
• Creative thinker with excellent analytical problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to exhibit professionalism and a positive attitude under pressure
• Ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, projects and relationships simultaneously
• Strong proficiency in financial modeling and MS Excel