We are searching for a Business Unit Compliance Officer for an LA office!
The Business Unit Compliance Officer assists the assigned business line by providing regulatory compliance expertise and guidance in support of strategic initiatives and management of compliance risk. The BUCO works proactively with business line representatives and other compliance professionals to help ensure future business growth is attained in a responsible and conscientious fashion while the operation remains regulatory compliant and commercially sound. General areas of responsibilities include advisory on regulatory matters, monitoring of business activities from a compliance perspective, training/education, and drafting / revising policies & procedures accordingly.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Help to ensure an appropriate culture of compliance continues to develop in the daily activities of the business line and support units,
- Develop and maintain appropriate compliance policies, programs and controls for area(s) of responsibility,
- Review and approve KYC for new and existing clients.
- Review and advise on new and or revised business strategies, initiatives and projects which may include assisting businesses in assessing the risks associated with new/revised strategies and recommending and or assessing mitigation efforts to reduce risk exposure,
- Assist the Compliance Department in the planning and delivery of compliance business unit training and provide ad hoc training as needed,
- Advise business units on the development of action plans to implement new or changed regulatory requirements. Action plans may include the development of or changes to existing training materials, policies, procedures, system and other controls, monitoring/testing processes, and reporting,
- Assist in the annual compliance risk assessment process,
- Oversee specific KRIs within area of responsibility. KRIs must be developed and agreed upon between the business, the BUCO, and Compliance Management,
- Provide business unit and Compliance management with adequate reporting and MIS regarding compliance-related activities and initiatives relevant to the business and its operations,
- Review business unit incidents and exceptions to assess compliance and/or reputational impact,
- Escalate any significant compliance issues and trends to business unit and Compliance management, as necessary,
- Ensure all appropriate compliance initiatives are carried out, including action plans and any remediation associated with the results of any Compliance Reviews, Internal Audits, or regulatory examinations,
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years proven audit, compliance, financial services operations and/or regulatory experience
- Strong background in anti-money laundering (AML) advisory including client due-diligence and transactional investigations.
- Experience with compliance within a financial services environment (embedded within a business unit) with ability to understand, interpret and apply complex regulatory requirements to business practices.
- Well-developed communications, negotiation, analytical, organizational, project management and strategic and/or operational planning skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers and software packages including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree required