Individual with essential analytical skills to evaluate the creditworthiness of current and prospective commercial borrowers, to support Commercial Lending Officers and loan approval committees in the commercial loan decisioning process. The incumbent must have strong writing skills and it is preferred that the individual possess prior accounting, financial analysis or commercial lending credit analysis background. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be naturally inquisitive with problem-solving mindset, be flexible and able to adapt to frequently changing priorities, and have a positive attitude. Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task are essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will:
- Prepare timely and insightful credit analysis applications for a diverse, complex and sophisticated portfolio of commercial & industrial, commercial real estate and private banking / professional services commercial loan customers.
- Create thorough and concise analyses of the risks and mitigants of pending commercial loan requests by reviewing and analyzing the borrowers’ financial statements, including but not limited to income statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets, tax returns, personal financial statements, real estate and C&I collateral appraisal reports, and environmental assessment reports.
- Prepare sensitivity analyses, pro forma cash flows, and assessments of collateral and guarantor financial condition.
- Conduct analysis of the market (customers) and industry (competition, suppliers, substitutes, and potential new entrants) and management teams and/or deal sponsors.
- Assist with special projects and reporting assignments in Credit Administration.
The ability to work as an integral and engaging team member is crucial and one of key attitude prerequisites in joining the Credit Analysis team. Also important is the ability to work within tight timeframes and balance several projects at one time.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving -Makes decisions in a timely manner, uses a mixture ofanalysis, experience and judgment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Informing and Communicating – Proactively and effectively communicates information to colleagues up, down and across the organization, provides updates on projects, tasks and potential roadblocks.
- Planning and Time Management – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and sets objectives and goals. Uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on important priorities and completes tasks and/or projects on time.
- Strong Writing Skills – Strong ability to write concisely and clearly, with good command of grammar and syntax, particularly in preparation of credit analysis write-ups.
- 1-2 years prior experience is required, preference for direct credit analysis experience in a commercial lending environment.
- Good financial modeling skills are required.
- The successful completion of a formal credit / financial analyst training program is strongly preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and