Locations: West Los Angeles, Ontario, Long Beach, South Bay, San Fernando Valley
Responsible for implementing the bank’s marketing plan in an assigned territory. The results will be measured by the growth in new business loans and lines as well as deposits and cash management sales to new and existing relationships; the successful candidate will provide middle market businesses with loans and lines for working capital, equipment, SBA, and real estate financing. Identify and sell cash management solutions, which create value for new and existing clients.
Responsible for business development goals of assigned sales territory by identifying the business needs and corresponding sales opportunities of prospects and clients and partnering with Branch Managers to assist them in “bringing in the business”. Maintains and manages an aggressive and effective outside calling program with assigned Branch Managers. Monitors and tracks activities to ensure consistent follow up with clients, reports results to Management and monitors referrals to other Bank departments. Assists branch personnel in identifying credit opportunities, packaging of loan requests and acts as a liaison between the underwriter and the branch to help facilitate the booking of loans. Monitors business pipeline to ensure requests move efficiently through the process. Promotes a favorable image of the Bank in all business activities within the community, actively participating in community business development groups and activities.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in the financial services industry with at least 1 year in a lead or supervisory sales position with proven new business development and retention of existing accounts capabilities; business credit background preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal sales skills in a business-to-business selling environment.
- Requires a solid understanding of bank loan and deposit products.
- Ability to work with others in the Bank to get complex loan and deposit/business service relationships up and running; ability to manage liaison process between credit underwriting and clients.
- Requires proficiency in the use of PCs; knowledge of Word, Excel and Windows required, as well as the ability to master new knowledge of cash management tools, techniques and new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively sell products, interact well with internal and external clients; provide leadership and training to staff; coordinate effectively with other offices/departments, employees, management and business associates.
- *Degree in business, finance or related field preferred.